What personal data does TRF collect and process?
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
TRF processes all or some of the following personal data provided by you or which you provide to third parties and is shared with TRF:
Your name, address, city of residence, email address, telephone number, age, educational history, employment or professional related information, social history, names of individuals connected to you, demographic information, device identifiers, or other information, that you may provide to us that might reasonably be used to identify you personally or someone connected to you.
How do we collect your personal data?
TRF will collect personal data when it is provided to us by you in face-to-face or telephone conversations, an email, on a registration form or any other forms requesting users, volunteers or donors to provide personal data, in an online survey, or in other similar transmissions. For example, the Website may offer you registration forms, or other fillable forms that ask users to provide personal data.
What are TRF’s legitimate interests in collecting and processing personal data?
TRF is a nonprofit organization that exists to protect emotional health and help prevent suicide for our nation’s adults, teens and young adults. We partner with organizations in their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programs and systems. We encourage community awareness, understanding and action for mental health and drug abuse.
TRF processes personal data of users, donors and volunteers to further its charitable mission and for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill a transaction initiated by or involving a user, volunteer or donor;
- To raise funds and awareness in support of our mission of mental health awareness and education;
- To process and document charitable donations;
- To contact you;
- To maintain our Website and provide user support;
- To provide educational and marketing materials;
- To maintain the security of personal data collected and processed and of our Website;
- To provide data to our educational and other partners;
- To provide training;
- To manage our databases;
- To provide for volunteer and donor opportunities;
- To meet our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations.
What are TRF’s lawful basis for processing personal data?
TRF is committed to processing personal data only where there is a lawful basis, such as:
- the Data Subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which TRF is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in TRF;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TRF or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the Data Subject is a child.
Does TRF use the collected information to contact you?
From time to time TRF would like to use the personal information we collect to contact you or to send you news and information relating to TRF, the vital work we do in promoting mental health awareness and/or the Website. By providing personal information to us, you consent to us contacting you for this purpose. You may select the unsubscribe option on email updates you receive from TRF or one of our sites if you do not wish to receive the updates.
Does TRF share the collected information with third parties?
We would also like to pass on the personal data we collect with our affiliates, contractors and other third parties where applicable legal requirements are met and there is a legitimate business purpose for sharing the information. For example, TRF may use personal data to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Website. By providing personal information to us, you consent to us passing on your details for that purpose.
TRF may also disclose personal data to third parties if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on TRF or its subsidiaries or affiliates; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of TRF or the users of TRF, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of TRF or the public.
Does TRF provide links to third-party sites?
The Website may provide links to one or more third-party Websites. Even if a third-party Website or the third party is affiliated with TRF (through a business partnership or otherwise), TRF is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such third-party Websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the third-party Websites you may link to by visiting their Websites.
What steps does TRF take to secure your personal data?
TRF implements appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data we obtain from you taking into account the nature of the data, emerging threats, the risks of collection and processing, best practices for securing the data and the associated cost of implementation. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be secure, nor is any information system completely secure. TRF does not guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or provide to us online.
Does TRF transfer personal data across borders?
Personal data we collect from you may be transferred outside the country where you reside in compliance with applicable law. The Websites are operated and maintained within the United States. Although you may access our Websites from outside the United States, any personal data collected by TRF may be transferred, processed or used in the United States. By using our Websites or providing personal data from outside the United States, you consent to the use of your personal data in the United States.
Does TRF seek parental consent to process personal data from children under the age of 13?
The Website is not directed at children under the age of 13. If TRF knows that a user is under the age of 13, we will NOT intentionally:
- Collect Personal data without prior parental consent;
- Collect online contact information from that user without prior parental consent;
- Collect personally identifiable offline contact information from that user without prior parental consent;
- Give that user the ability to distribute personally identifiable information without prior parental consent;
- Distribute to third parties any Personal Data of that user without prior parental consent; and
- Entice that user by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
Do you have rights in your personal data?
You have the following rights in your personal data held by TRF:
- the right to access your personal data and request certain information concerning your personal data, such as an explanation of the purpose of the processing and disclosure of third parties with whom TRF shares the data;
- the right to rectify inaccuracies in your personal data or to ensure that it remains up to date;
- the right to erasure of your personal data under certain circumstances. For example, you may request erasure if the data is no longer needed in connection with the reasons it was collected or processed or if you withdraw your consent to further processing. TRF may deny your request where it is required or permitted by law to retain your personal data or when we need to retain your information in connection with the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- the right to restrict processing where you contest the accuracy of the data in order to permit time to rectify the inaccuracies and in other circumstances;
- the right to data portability by requesting a copy be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that TRF transmit your personal data to a third party where technically feasible;
- the right to object to processing of your personal data where you contest that the processing is necessary for the purposes of TRF’s or its business partners’ legitimate interests. TRF may deny your request because it has compelling legitimate business interests or the exercise or defense of legal claims. You may also advise us at any time that you no longer wish to receive direct marketing materials from TRF; and
- the right to bring a complaint before the applicable governmental privacy regulator.
You may contact the data privacy officer concerning your rights.
TRF gives you the following options for reviewing, changing, or removing your personal information from our database in order to stop receiving future communications:
- You can send email to: TellRobertFoundation@gmail.com
520 W Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL 33009
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with TRF, please feel free to contact:
520 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL 33009
We do not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the business purposes for which the information is being collected or processed or in order to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements. Personal data will be maintained for at least their minimum time period required retention under TRF’s records retention schedules.